Monday, May 30, 2005

Ferry Fiasco (from an e-mail communiqué)


"javadotcup": a wonderful little internet cafe (and B&B) in Prince Rupert. I think I spent about 12 hours here over two days!

***

From adversity rises opportunity. Someone said that, I think.

Returned to "javadotcup" after the ferry fiasco. Over another bagel and double cappuccino (dry, of course), assessed possible next steps. The promised "blog" was still hanging over me as an untackled task.

So, here I was in this great internet cafe, with all the tools. No time like the present. So, over the course of a few hours, I've muddled through "Yahoo Web Hosting", "blogger.com", "picasa" and "Hello" programs, learned about domains and domain name forwarding and finally came up with this rudimentary "blog."

(All previous "timtraveler" blog entries were posted subsequent to this one.)

Thanks to fellow biker Dusty Davis for providing some guidance on this stuff. See Dusty's site for his own story and some great U.S. photos: link.

7 comments:

cathie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cathie said...

Nice work TIM(othy). I hope they have internet cafes in tierra del fuego.

(it's a long way to tipperary,
and tierra del fuego ain't far behind.)

cathie said...

Also
look at http://wigglekta.blogspot.com/

i made it myself and without capuccino either.

so there.

Jkampion said...

Very nice. Very nice. I suspect those Exxon boys have a 'chino cafe. They just call it 'manlichino'.

timtraveler said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Me again..

Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the Seed of an equivalent or a greater Benefit. -- Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

timtraveler said...

Who again?