Thursday, June 30, 2005

7th Ranch RV Campground

Met Chip West this morning, the owner of this RV park and ranch, and an historic tour guide for the region (http://historicwest.com/default.htm). He was born and raised in the Little Bighorn Valley. He was interested in the bike, since he used to ride.

Chip found me this morning, asking if I got the code for the facilities okay. I asked him the fee.

"For a tent, $15."

"But I used a full hook up site, and plugged in and used your wireless."

"I'm not going to charge you for that. Are you a Triple A member?"

"Yes"

I handed him a twenty, saying I expected to pay more.

"I'll be back with your receipt and change."

"I don't need change."

He discounted the $15, so that it was $13.50, brought the change and a receipt.

He asked about my plans, and suggested Devil's Tower. He said it's not far from here. I hadn't considered it, but looking at the map, I see it will be simple to include in my itinerary.

He also recommended that I stop at the Trading Post across from Little Bighorn monument and try the Crow Tacos.

Last night, the stars were out, the "Big Sky" helping. It occurred that it has been a long time since I've seen them. I haven't had many DARK nights in the past month. And usually the mosquitoes would be chasing me to cover. And the chirping of crickets! Hadn't heard them in a long time.

No comments: