Monday, June 20, 2005

Teslin Lake Encore


Cops in this town have the personality of a log.


Teslin Lake Campground

8:30 a.m.

It looks like a battleground in the tent, bodies of mosquitoes everywhere, blood smears on the tent fabric. That's MY blood! 25 or 30 more waiting outside on the screen door.

The highway was remarkably quiet last night. (Don't truckers here drive on Sunday?) And the wind and the water lapping at the lakeshore provided a very pleasant atmosphere.

Filtered well water and cooked noodles last night – the first time I've "cooked" since the Cassiar Highway?

Saw the moon rise last night and clambered down the banks of the lake with camera and tripod to capture a few shots, wary all the while that I might meet a bear in the dark. To bed about 2:00 a.m. (I was surprised it was getting dark, then I looked at my watch.)



Moonrise over Teslin Lake



Closer


In need of shower; the last one was at Tok!

Only drove about 120 miles yesterday.

Since leaving White Horse, I've noticed the forests are taller, I assume due to less severe conditions.

No comments: