Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back into the English-Speaking World

What do you know, another Comfort Inn! This one in Bathurst, New Brunswick. Jeff was insistent on taking a motel tonight. I didn't put up much of a fight, though I considered it a waste of money. But he had nobler aims: he said I must connect to the internet.

And the amazing thing, suddenly all the technical difficulties loading pictures and text to the web log disappeared! Could it be that my computer, "blogger" or "Picasa/Hello" are incompatible with the entire province of Quebec? Or perhaps it's those French Canadian programmers also view their cyberworld as an island unto itself?

I noticed that this connection was at 100 Mbps, whereas connections over the past week have been at 1 to 10 Mbps.

Anyway, I didn't question it too long. I made up for lost time, working on the blog until 3:00 a.m.

No comments: