Monday, September 05, 2005

Harlingen, Texas

Monday, September 5, 2005 Hampton Inn

I've "holed up" here for a day and a half now, the TV on constantly with coverage of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath.

Being on the verge of entering Mexico is much like standing on a high diving platform. There is the reluctance to jump off, and postponing only makes it worse. In the last week, as the reality hit home, that I now faced a new adventure that requires leaving my "comfort zone", my momentum slowed, to where it is now, barely a crawl.

This morning, I'll drive a short distance down the highway to Brownsville and attempt to get insurance required for entry into Mexico.

1 comment:

addison said...

I lived in Harlingen for 3 years, going to military school there. It was a good experience, I would do it all over again.