Thursday, November 03, 2005

Quitting Quito

Thursday, November 3, 2005 10:00 a.m.

Surprised to awake late, at 7:45. I think I had been snoring loudly!

Over to Alvarez Barba BMW, thinking I'd at least have them change the oil and rear brake pads. But they're closed. (I thought it was Friday, but it's Thursday. One more holiday to go!)

That does it, I'm leaving. Want to go south, but there's also the Galapagos out there, what about that???

Internet cafe. Maybe there's a message from Chile about tires? That's a big concern before I really start taking side trips into the Andes of Peru and Bolivia. Santiago is too far south, too long to wait.

No message. But I've got to get out of this internet cafe, because tension is rising in the family. They have the most blubbering toddler I've ever seen! And the smell of loaded diapers is getting to me.

No comments: