Sunday, April 30, 2006

Not so welcome

At "A’Roma’s" coffee shop today, a young woman entered the room where I was, sat down and set up her laptop computer. Her perfume was familiar. “Is that DK, that fragrance?” “No, it’s Burberry,” she laughed. Simply intoxicating!

Was really feeling forlorn today, being sucked down by depression, hopelessness. Health fading. Anything serious will send me over the edge, I think. I don’t want to be here, playing this game, stuck in this reality.

Had slept late again, then driven out to the Kenwood post office to collect my mail. No distribution check.

Not only that, my bank charged an $8 maintenance fee this month, since my balance dropped below their threshold for free banking! Paraphrasing the bible, “from those who have not, it shall be taken, even that which they have.” (I thought the Bible condemned usury, yet our “Christian” society is built upon the practice.)

Then, leaving “A’Roma’s” I found a friggin’ $25 parking ticket on my motorcycle! (I had parked it alongside the old train depot building.) "Unbelievable. Welcome home!"

Worked on the blog from 11:30 to 7:00, then drove down to “Oliver’s Market". Tried to put on a good face for Jess, though my sadness must have shown through.

Bought a sandwich and ate it sitting at her counter. Watched as she worked so conscientiously. She’s such a sweet soul!

Back at the apartment, worked several more hours. To bed at 2:00 a.m.

No comments: