Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wash Day

Last night, I wanted to send out an e-mail to family reminding of Jeff’s birthday, but couldn’t log in. The problem persisted this morning. Late in the morning, I finally succeeded. Service here (Comcast) sucks.

Sent an e-mail to the owner of "Roque’s", complaining of last night’s service.

A day of vehicle washing. Kellie brought her car over. I moved the two bikes out and washed them. Then turned to the Honda Pilot. It took much of the day, but felt good to get some exercise. I’ve been eating almost nothing but junk food here – candy bars, popcorn, sodas, granola bars, pizza, potato salad - perhaps this will offset some of the ill effects! As sunset arrived, I was still polishing up the Pilot. Crazy.

Decided to walk up to "The Alchemist" for a beer, and maybe a meal. Wanted to see what it felt like walking into the local pub alone. Just to sit and watch. It was jammed. No place to sit down. Ordered a Belgian wheat beer and stood near the door. A few spots opened at the bar, but I wasn’t quick enough. It felt awkward, but I tried not to be self-conscious.

After a while, it was no longer fun. Finished my beer, paid the $3.50 plus $1 tip and left. Back at the house, opened a can from Jeff’s "Progresso" soup stockpile.

Tonight, I watched The New World, a fascinating glimpse of Jamestown, though ultimately overwrought, tedious and unbelievable. Actor Colin Farrell, mercurial and ill-suited to the role, evokes no empathy.

No comments: