Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Visit to Golden Gate National Cemetery



A day after Memorial Day, the National Cemetery in San Bruno was still decked out in a colorful display of flags. I had some difficulty locating my parents' gravesite. I should have looked for the shovel.

The crew was moving in a new neighbor.



The foreman asked if I were "family". I pointed to the stone with the shovel and said it was my parents' grave. With an unnecessary apology, he quickly moved the shovel, the John Deere, the tamper and replaced the small American flag.



The reverse side, with Mom's memorial.

1 comment:

Drew Kampion said...

Thanks for headin' down there, Tim. It's emotional to see those two names marked on that cold ol' stone.

1 comment:

Drew Kampion said...

How's it going, Dad? Hope all's well in your neck of the woods. Your son.